News Media Resources
The following information is provided for the use of members of the news media. If you are not a reporter, but need information about Baptist Health Care and the services we provide, please call 850.434.4080.
Baptist Health Care Media Line: 850.791.5254
Baptist Health Care Media Email: BHCMediaRelations@bhcpns.org
Andrews Institute Media Line: 850.291.1156
Andrews Institute Media Email: AIMediaRelations@bhcpns.org
Baptist Health Care Public Relations Specialist
- Baptist Health Care
- Baptist Medical Group
- Baptist Medical Park – Airport
- Baptist Medical Park – Navarre
- Baptist Medical Park – Nine Mile
- Baptist Medical Park – Pace
- Gulf Breeze Hospital
- Jay Hospital
Andrews Institute Marketing Manager
- Andrews Institute for Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine
Lakeview Center Marketing Director
- Lakeview Center
- FamiliesFirst Network
- Global Connections to Employment
REPORTING FROM A BAPTIST HEALTH CARE FACILITY
Our Marketing team is happy to assist you in your reporting with:
- News releases
- Fact sheets
- Expert information on health-related topics
- Photographs and digital images
- Interview scheduling with a Baptist Health Care administrator, physician, staff member or patient
- Patient condition reports
Because the health and privacy of our patients is our top priority, we ask that you observe the following guidelines.
To protect the privacy and confidentiality of our patients, all members of the media must be escorted by a Marketing team member while on campus at any of our facility locations. The media escort will provide guidance and handle required legal paperwork. The reporter will be asked to sign a filming agreement prior to shooting photos or video. Media visits must be requested in advance.
Patient Condition Information
All requests for information on the status of a patient’s condition should be made through the Marketing Department. The patient’s first and last name must be provided before a condition is reported. Per HIPAA guidelines, patient information is limited to a one-word condition.
- Undetermined – patient is awaiting physician assessment.
- Good – vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious and comfortable. Indicators are favorable.
- Fair – vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious but may be uncomfortable. Indicators are favorable.
- Serious – vital signs may be unstable and not within normal limits. Patient is acutely ill. Indicators are questionable.
- Critical – vital signs are unstable and not within normal limits. Patient may be unconscious. Indicators are unfavorable.
The Baptist Health Care and Andrews Institute media lines are staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including holidays, by the Marketing team to respond to media inquiries.
About Baptist Health Care
Baptist Health Care is a community-owned, not-for-profit health care organization based in northwest Florida that is committed to helping people throughout life's journey. The organization is a proud member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network. A 2003 Malcolm Baldrige recipient, Baptist continuously strives to be a national leader in quality and service. Baptist Health Care includes three hospitals, four medical parks, Andrews Institute for Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine, Footer link to Lakeview Center and a large network of primary care and specialty physicians. With more than 7,300 employees and employed physicians, Baptist Health Care is the second largest non-governmental employer in northwest Florida.
Baptist Health Care ● Baptist Hospital ● Gulf Breeze Hospital ● Jay Hospital ● Lakeview Center ● Baptist Medical Park – Nine Mile ● Baptist Medical Park – Navarre ● Andrews Institute ● Baptist Medical Group ● Cardiology Consultants ● Mayo Clinic Care Network