THE BEST. TOGETHER.
Baptist Health Care is working with Mayo Clinic to provide the best possible care to patients in our community.
As a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network, Baptist can access the latest Mayo Clinic research and treatment recommendations to build new, innovative ways of providing superior care to patients and their families close to home.
You get the benefit of two expert physician teams who can support you. We collaborate with Mayo Clinic on some of the most difficult cases, while keeping your care right here at home, so that you avoid unnecessary travel.
Mayo Clinic Resource
Symptom Checker Diseases and Conditions Definitions FAQs
Baptist experts from across the organization work with those at Mayo Clinic to share and learn best practices. As a member of the network, Baptist has access to special Mayo Clinic resources that assist in the delivery of great care, including eConsults, AskMayoExpert, Grand Rounds and Health Care Consulting.
- eConsults allow physicians and advanced practitioners to request input from Mayo Clinic specialists. eConsults bring together experts to improve diagnosis and treatment.
- AskMayoExpert (AME) is a point-of-care tool that offers clinical information on hundreds of medical conditions and includes care process models and patient education. Team members are using AME resources to help make patient care decisions and manage care.
- Grand Rounds give Baptist physicians, advanced practitioners and nursing staff access to archived presentations by Mayo Clinic physicians and scientists that address a range of specialty and general medicine topics. Team members can earn CME credit or nursing contact hours by viewing these videos.
- Health Care Consulting gives BHC access to Mayo Clinic’s unique combination of practical experience and subject matter expertise. This program enables Baptist to consult with the Mayo Clinic team to discuss best practices on a wide range of topics.
Baptist is the only health care organization in the northwest Florida region that is a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network. Our shared goal is to help more patients stay close to home and avoid unnecessary travel. Through that relationship, Baptist can access extended resources to help further serve its patients, clients and the community.
How Does Our Collaboration Affect Your Care
- Baptist Health Care physicians have access to the knowledge and expertise of a leader in medical research.
- No extra cost to you for the use of the Mayo Clinic Care Network resources.
- Your medical records are safe.
- You keep the relationship with your local doctor who can collaborate with Mayo Clinic physicians when helpful.
- Baptist Health Care remains the community’s locally owned and governed not-for-profit provider for Gulf Coast residents.