Visitation During COVID
SCREENINGS AND MASKS REQUIRED
All patients entering any Baptist Health Care location must be screened and have a temperature check. Please allow extra time upon arrival for this screening (approximately 15 minutes). Screening stations are set up at select entrances of all our locations.
To ensure the safety of patients, hospital staff and the community, appropriate social distancing arrangements must be maintained in all areas of the facilities, and face masks or cloth face coverings must be worn at all times. Patients with outpatient appointments are encouraged to bring their own face mask or cloth face covering.
Patients who have appointments at one of the outpatient departments within the hospitals, medical parks or any of the physician offices are not considered visitors and may enter after screening.
VISITATION RESTRICTIONS - (Read closely as it varies according to facility.)
Baptist Hospital and Gulf Breeze Hospital Only
NO VISITORS AT THIS TIME
- Visitors are not allowed at our hospitals (Baptist, Gulf Breeze and Jay* hospitals) at this time as we must take extra steps to protect our patients, team members and the community against COVID-19.
ONE CAREGIVER/SUPPORT PERSON PER PATIENT
- We recognize and value the vital role family and friends play in restoring the health of their loved ones. One caregiver per patient is now permitted. Other visitors and well-wishers should communicate with loved ones by mobile device or video chat.
- Out of an abundance of caution, no visitors allowed in rooms of patients who are currently positive for COVID-19 or waiting for COVID-19 test results. Exceptions may be made for extenuating circumstances, and we will do our best to accommodate those needs.
- Entrances: Caregivers/support persons who need to be with a loved one who has been admitted to Baptist Hospital must enter through the main hospital entrance between 5 a.m. and 7:30 p.m. This entrance is located on the west side of the facility that is accessible from West Moreno Street. Visitors of inpatients at Gulf Breeze Hospital should enter through the emergency department.
- No visitors allowed who have COVID-19 symptoms, as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- No children under the age of 18 are permitted to visit.
- At the discretion of the hospital staff, a caregiver/support person may be asked to leave as the situation warrants.
VIRTUAL VISITS WITH HOSPITALIZED PATIENTS
- We understand the importance of maintaining close communication between patients and their families during this time. We encourage patients to communicate by phone, mobile device or a video chat service.
- The Baptist information technology department has also provided Chromebooks equipped with the Zoom application for patients without access to a smartphone. A hospital representative can facilitate necessary arrangements as needed.
Behavioral Medicine Center (Behavioral Health Inpatient Departments Only)
- Per state of Florida, there is no visitation allowed to adult mental health treatment facilities at this time.
- Youth visitation is limited to parents/guardians only. No siblings or anyone under the age of 18 are allowed to visit.
- NO VISITORS AT THIS TIME. Per the state of Florida, no visitation is allowed to skilled nursing facilities at this time. Jay Hospital falls under this order due to short term skilled care provided within the acute care facility.
- Please communicate with hospitalized loved ones by mobile device or video chat.
Physician Practices/Urgent Care/Medical Parks/Emergency Departments
We recognize and value the vital role family and friends play in restoring the health of their loved ones. One caregiver per patient is permitted to accompany a patient to a visit.
We apologize for any inconvenience, but we must take this necessary step to ensure the safety of people in our care, our team members and our community.
Thank you and be well!