3-D Breast Imaging
3-D digital mammography takes more precise and detailed images at various angles, which can be reconstructed to create a 3-D view of the breast. This technology allows doctors to examine the inner architecture of the breast without distortion, which helps them see abnormalities earlier when breast cancer is most treatable.
Hologic Selenia Dimensions 3-D is the latest technology in the battle against breast cancer as it takes advantage of all of the benefits of digital mammography to create unparalleled high-quality images.
3-D digital mammography is available at four Baptist Health Care locations:
- Baptist Hospital
- Gulf Breeze Hospital
- Baptist Medical Park - Nine Mile
- Baptist Medical Park - Navarre
Let us schedule your annual mammogram appointment. Schedule an appointment now.
Benefits of 3-D Digital Mammography
- Improved accuracy and detection
- Clearer images that show structures in the breast and spatial relationship with surrounding tissue.
- Ability to detect breast cancer very early
- Tomosynthesis scans can be quickly performed
- Confidence to rule out cancer without recalling the patient for further study