Established to provide safe and effective management of medication therapies, the Pharmacotherapy Clinic works closely with patients and their health care providers in managing medications. The purpose is to reduce adverse effects, reduce avoidable hospital readmissions, provide ongoing education and ensure the best outcomes for our patients. From the patient recently diagnosed with a major health issue to someone who requires multiple medications, many patients can benefit from the Pharmacotherapy Clinic.
Baptist Health Care Pharmacotherapy Clinic
Baptist Medical Towers, 1717 North E St.
Pensacola, FL 32501
Appointments: 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday – Friday
The Pharmacotherapy Clinic is a pharmacist managed clinic that assists patients and their health care providers by:
- Providing comprehensive medication reconciliation, which is the process of creating an accurate, up to date list of all medications and dietary supplements the patient is currently taking
- Providing in-depth counseling about medications and medical problems
- Helping patients manage their medications
- Assessing medication compliance, including addressing any potential obstacles such as financial, behavioral and/or educational barriers.
- Helping to prevent and monitor medication related problems
- Recommending appropriate medication monitoring needs including laboratory tests
- Making guideline directed disease management recommendations
- Reviewing immunization status and making recommendations
- Checking blood pressure and weight with each visit
- How can I be enrolled in the Pharmacotherapy Clinic?
- Patients interested in participating should ask their doctor for a referral.
- How often do I need to visit the clinic?
- Frequency varies based on the complexity of the medication regimen and the patient’s response to therapy.
- How long do the visits last?
- Initial visits are one hour, then 30 minutes thereafter.