Support Services of Baptist Heart & Vascular Institute
Being diagnosed with cardiovascular disease can be overwhelming. To help assist you and your family from the moment you receive a diagnosis until your recovery is complete, we offer the following patient education and support.
- Inpatient Education
- Our dedicated registered nurse educator has specialized training and more than 30 years of experience in intensive cardiovascular care education and, in partnership with your physician, can provide you with a thorough understanding of your diagnosis and treatment. Cardiovascular disease presents itself in many different ways. Because of the many forms of cardiovascular disease, Baptist Heart & Vascular Institute provides support to help patients and their families fully understand their course of treatment and follow up plan. Patient education is an important part of managing cardiovascular disease and is tailored to meet the individual goals of each person.
- The dedicated nurse will work closely with your physician to provide you with a thorough understanding of your diagnosis and treatment.
- The nurse also will offer you a variety of educational materials prepared for you specific to your diagnosis. These can include handouts, booklets and videos that explain warning signs and signals, risk factors, lifestyle changes, medications and possible complications.
- Patients who receive a pacemaker or Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD) will also receive instructions on how the device works and follow-up instructions with their physician. Pacemaker patients are enrolled in the pacemaker clinic and are taught how to use the transmitter for transtelephonic monitoring.
- Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation
Baptist Hospital Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation is located in Suite 103 of Baptist Tower 1, located on Avery Street just off North E Street. The center has special exercise equipment that gives patients a complete cardiovascular and strength workout in a safe environment.
This program is designed for people with chronic respiratory diseases such as emphysema, chronic bronchitis or pulmonary fibrosis, pulmonary rehabilitation combines patient education with therapeutic exercise to help you manage your lung condition and achieve maximum independence.
Most medical insurance plans cover the services of a pulmonary rehabilitation program. However, you should check with your insurance carrier to confirm. The Baptist Hospital business office will work with you to set up a payment schedule for any uncovered portions. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 850 469.2235.
Cardiac Rehab Hours of Operation
- Monday: 7:30 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 7:30 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 8:00 a.m. -5:00 p.m.
- Friday: 7:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- For patients only until further notice.
- Social Services
We have a licensed professional social worker available to provide assistance and information in the following areas:
- Prescription assistance program
- Individual and family counseling
- Social Security Disability
- Medicare programs
- Available community resources
- Palliative Care
- Our team wants to be sure that you and your family are supported as you cope with serious illness. Our Palliative Care team is experienced and can work with you throughout a serious illness. Read more about palliative care.